Finally, we have a broader choice in the NSW Film Industry for film production space. Callan 201 is fully operational and at present inhabited with Blackfella Films and their successful, Logie award winning TV series, Redfern Now, now in its second series
Do you agree that the producer offset should be raised from 20 to 40 per cent for television?
Nikon Announces the D600
[Fri 14/09/2012 11:15:07]
Press Release from Lara Wilson
Nikon is pleased to announce the release of its new full frame D600 digital SLR camera. Offering advanced performance all within the smallest and lightest body among Nikon FX-â€format cameras.
With a very short announcement-â€to-â€shelf turnaround, Australian customers will be seeing the D600 on sale very soon. It will be available from authorized Nikon resellers from Tuesday 18 September 2012.
Measuring approximately 141.0 × 113.0 × 82.0 mm (W × H × D) and weighing approximately 760g (body only), the D600 is the perfect first upgrade to an FX-â€format body, with the video recording functionality similar to that of the D4 and D800(E).
It is equipped with a new FX-â€format CMOS image sensor with 24.3-â€million effective pixels and the same EXPEED 3 image-â€processing engine built into high-end Nikon DSLRs (D4, D800, D800E) for superior definition and image quality.
• A new 24.3-â€megapixel FX-â€format CMOS image sensor for superior image quality and resolution over a broad range of sensitivities
• The D600 is equipped with a new FX-â€format CMOS image sensor with 24.3-â€million effective pixels to ensure a high signal-â€to-â€noise ratio and a broad dynamic range
• The camera supports ISO 100 to ISO 6400 for beautiful images with very little noise and rich tones
• The range of sensitivities can also be expanded to the equivalent of ISO 50 (Lo 1) or up to ISO 25600 equivalent (Hi 2)
• NIKKOR lenses equipped with Nikon’s advanced optical technologies can maximize the performance of the 600’s FX-â€format CMOS sensor to offer clear and sharp images with the finest details.
• The EXPEED 3 image-â€processing engine, optimized for the D600, offers superior and high-â€speed processing
• The D600 is equipped with the same EXPEED 3 high-â€speed image-â€processing engine built into the D4, D800, and D800E Nikon FX-â€format cameras
• The EXPEED 3 image-â€processing engine has been optimized for digital SLR cameras to offer faster and better performance for rendering, vivid colour reproduction, and capturing a broad dynamic range. It also effectively reduces noise for still images captured at high sensitivities under dim lighting, while preserving definition and sharpness.
• Special noise-â€reduction was designed to maintain crisp, clear outlines in movies recorded in low-â€light situations. Excellent camera performance and operational comfort
• The Multi-â€CAM4800 autofocus sensor tracks the intended subject with 39 focus points Cross-â€type sensors have been adopted for the nine most frequently used focus points at the center of the frame
• In addition, seven focus points (5 horizontal focus points and 1 above and below the center of the frame) are fully functional at f/8. This delivers more precise autofocusing when super-â€telephoto NIKKOR lenses are used with a teleconverter (2.0×)
• The precise Scene Recognition System analyses detailed scene brightness and colour information acquired from the 2,016-â€pixel RGB sensor, and applies that information to autofocus, automatic exposure, i-â€TTL balanced fill-â€flash, and white balance control
• The 3.2-â€inch, approximately 921k-â€dot monitor with wide angle viewing is equipped with a sensor that automatically controls brightness and contrast according to ambient lighting conditions to ensure clear viewing – the same as the D4, D800 and D800e
• Dual SD memory card slots (SDXC, UHS-â€I* compliant) enable smoother still-â€image and movie recording Full-â€HD movie recording at 1920 x 1080/30p and Multi-â€area mode movie recording available in two formats
• By simply pressing the dedicated movie-â€record button next to the shutter-â€release in the movie live view mode, users can enjoy video recording that optimizes the camera’s 24.3-â€million effective pixels
• Not only does the D600 support Full-â€HD movie recording at 1920 × 1080/30p, but the H.264/MPEG-â€4 AVC video compression standard ensures that superior picture quality is maintained while data is compressed to record a single movie for up to 29 minutes and 59 seconds
• The Multi-â€area mode Full-â€HD D-â€Movie function offers two movie formats2, the FX-â€based movie format or the DX-â€based movie format to record full-â€HD 1920 × 1080/30p (both FX-â€ and DX lenses can be used)
• The FX-â€based movie format makes full use of the large image sensor and offers a shallow depth-â€of-â€field with an emphasis on blur characteristics while the DX-â€based movie format is optimal for recording movies and bringing subjects closer when lenses with short focal lengths are used
• The D600 is also equipped with a headphone jack so that headphones may be used to check sound, and movies can be viewed simultaneously in the camera’s monitor and in an external monitor via the movie live view display
• Just like the flagship D4 and D800, uncompressed movie data can also be output to an external recorder via the built-â€in HDMI interface.
• The time-â€lapse photography function can be used to automatically photograph relatively slow moving action, such as the blooming of a flower and the passing of clouds, at specified intervals. The camera then combines the photos and records them as a silent time-â€lapse movie.
1 Maximum length is 20 minutes with some frame size/rate and movie quality settings.
2 Movies are recorded with an aspect ratio of 16 : 9 regardless of the format selected.
Connect with smart devices through the WU-â€1b Wireless Mobile Adapter
• Just like the D3200 and WU-â€1a, by using the D600 and WU-â€1b Wireless Mobile
Adapter (sold separately), you can easily transfer your high-â€quality photos instantly from your digital SLR to a smart device
• Smartphones running Android OS version 2.3, 3.x, 4.x and iOS version 5.1, 5.1.1 are supported
• The smart device can also be used to control camera shooting as a remote with a live view display
• Images captured with the D600 can be transferred to a smart device over a wireless network connection2 (remote movie recording is not supported)
• The WU-â€1b immediately transfers photos and also allows you to upload them to blogs and social networks to share with friends and family.
• The Wireless Mobile Adaptor Utility app is currently available as a free download from Google PlayTM and will be available as a free download from iTunes from the 15th of September
Additional D600 Features and Functions
ãƒ»Extremely fast response with high-â€speed continuous shooting at approximately 5.5 fps*, a power-â€up time of approximately 0.13 s*, and a shutter-â€release time lag of approximately 0.052 s*
ãƒ» The virtual horizon feature not only displays horizontal tilt to the left or right (roll), but also forward and backward tilts (pitch; only the roll indicator is displayed in the viewfinder).
ãƒ» Equipped with a built-â€in flash that covers the wide-â€angle of a 24-â€mm lens with a guide number of approximately 12/39 (m/ft, ISO 100, 20°C/68°F).
ãƒ» The built-â€in commander function enables wireless control with up to two groups of remote optional flash units with the built-â€in flash serving as the master flash.
ãƒ» New Multi-â€Power Battery Pack MB-â€D14 (sold separately), which holds Rechargeable Li-â€ion Batteries EN-â€EL15 and AA batteries (alkaline, lithium, Ni-â€MH).
ãƒ» The durable shutter unit has passed testing for approximately 150,000 cycles and supports a maximum shutter speed of 1/4000s with a flash sync speed of 1/200s.
ãƒ» The shutter is equipped with a monitor function that automatically detects errors between the specified shutter speed and actual shutter speed.
ãƒ» A locking mechanism on the mode dial prevents accidental adjustment of the shooting mode. Operation has also been improved by positioning the mode dial on top of the release mode dial.
ãƒ» The dedicated Picture Control and movie-â€record buttons make the camera easier to operate.
ãƒ» A live view selector makes the live view operation more convenient with smooth switching between live view photography and movie live view.
ãƒ» Nikon’s image browsing and editing software, ViewNX 2, is included in the purchase.
*Measured according to CIPA guidelines.
*Google, Android, and Google Play are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc.
*iPad, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
*Products, brand names and service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
The D600 will be available from authorised Nikon resellers from Tuesday 18 September 2012.