Editing & effects connected like never before, at a price never seen before. Until Jan 25th 2013, you can get Autodesk Smoke from Digistor for 20% off. Combine the leading editing & effects software with a system & support from Digistor.
Do you agree that the producer offset should be raised from 20 to 40 per cent for television?
NEC NC900C Digital Cinema Projector awarded with DCI certification
[Tue 11/12/2012 02:47:36]
NEC Australia, a leading technology solutions and services company, announced today it has achieved Digital Cinema Initiatives (DCI) certification for its NC900C digital cinema projection solution, being awarded with a high level of technical performance, reliability and quality control.
This certification is a validation of NEC's ability to innovate while still maintaining the standards that ensure quality, interoperability and compatibility required in the digital cinema industry.
The test was completed by the Research Institute for Digital Media and Content (DMC) at Keio University in Japan; one of three entities licensed by Digital Cinema Initiatives, LLC to perform the Compliance Test Plan (CTP) tests. The NC900C has been certified in:
• (*1) Digital Cinema System Specification (DCSS) Version 1.2 with Errata as of 30 August 2012, Incorporated (Approved 10 October 2012)
• (*2) Digital Cinema System Specification (DCSS) Compliance Test Plan Version 1.1
As part of NEC’s Digital Cinema Projector Series, the NC900C projector for smaller screens in theatres, art houses, mobile cinemas, universities and public buildings, delivers 2K DCI-compliant cinema quality, which translates to an image brightness of 14-ft-L (using a 1.8 gain screen) on screens up to 31Ft/9.5m, while adhering to DCI colour specifications. A new S2K chip set from Texas Instruments® makes the NC900C the most compact 2K DCI-certified digital cinema projector on the market.
As well as boasting a compact design, the NC900C uses NSH lamps instead of standard Xenon lamps. This means there is no need for an extraction system, high electricity costs or specialised lamp care. This new lamp technology of NC900C has up to 50 per cent lower power consumption than an equivalent Xenon based projector. It is also the first dual easy-lamp digital cinema projector on the market, providing added reliability by showing no black-screen, as well as easy lamp exchange and easy transportation.
“NEC is committed to helping large and small screen theatres alike convert to digital cinema technology,” said Daniel Hancox, national sales manager, NEC Australia. “Our NC900C projector reduces the initial installation costs and total cost of ownership for venues with smaller screens in Australia. The NC900C is easy to install, even in smaller projection booths, and easy to transport for mobile cinema.”
The NEC Integrated Media Server (IMS) offers a trouble-free, one-stop solution for exhibitors and other organisations, while the projector’s High Frame Rate (HFR) capability offers excellent picture quality. Its all-in-one Integrated Media Block (IMB) and 2 TB RAID 5 Storage Server offer versatile connectivity and savings with fewer peripheral devices needed.
The key features of the NC900C digital cinema projector include:
• 3-chip DMD reflection method of projection
• Easy dual lamp system, which ensures no black screen, using two 350W lamp bulbs
• Able to render a screen with a width of up to 9.5m (1.8 gain screen) in DCI specifications
• Resolution of 2048 x 1080
• Several bayonet lens options for easy installation, enabling motorised zoom, focus and shift capabilities
• Lower total cost of ownership (TCO) with easy lamp replacement, lower lamp cost and simple servicing
• Ability to show 3D and alternative content
• Suitability for floor and ceiling installation with no exhaust system required (reduces installation cost)
• Host of integrated features, including dual HDSDI 3G interfaces, HDMI 1.4a advanced network and built-in GPIO functions
• Air cooling with dust-preventing electrostatic filter
• High Frame Rate & 3D compatible (with suitable filter)
• Compact size and light weight 44 kg