Directorâ€™s attachment for Matthew Savilleâ€™s A Month of Sundays
The Australian Directors Guild (ADG) and Screen Australia today announced that upcoming South Australian feature A Month of Sundays, directed by Matthew Saville, is the next project to take part in the Director’s Attachment Scheme.
The Director’s Attachment Scheme is an industry incentive for emerging feature film directors to develop their craft. Funded by Screen Australia and managed by the ADG, the scheme provides three director’s attachments annually. Participating films primarily shot in Western Australia, Queensland and South Australia are open to applicants from those states. Participating films shot in all other states and territories are open to applicants from anywhere in Australia.
“We are pleased to announce our second attachment for the year and our first attachment for South Australia,” said ADG Executive Director Kingston Anderson. “This is a unique opportunity for a new director from South Australia to learn from one of Australia’s leading directors.”
Screen Australia’s Head of Production Sally Caplan said, “This scheme offers career-defining placements with Australian directors of international acclaim, to whom we are enormously grateful for sharing their craft and helping develop the next generation of talented Australian directors. This latest attachment is a very exciting chance to work with Matt Saville and Madman Productions on A Month of Sundays, a witty and fresh feature film backed by Screen Australia.”
Applications may be submitted to the ADG from interested directors who:
• are residents of South Australia, and
• have the following qualifications:
• two short fiction drama films publicly screened OR
• one short fiction drama film which has screened at an accredited film festival (Sundance, Berlin, Venice, Cannes, Clermont-Ferrand, Busan, Rotterdam, SXSW or Telluride) OR
• experience directing television series drama or serial drama but must be able to convince there is a commitment to directing feature film drama in the future.
The applicant will be asked to submit the following to the ADG:
• a resume
• a written reference from an established screen industry practitioner
• up to 100 words on why they want to do the attachment outlining the career benefits
• DVD copies or links of past work.
Applications are now open for the director’s attachment on Matthew Saville’s A Month of Sundays. The attachment will take place in South Australia, with pre-production beginning in early November and shooting through until Christmas. Post will take place in early 2015.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 8 October 2014.
Please forward all applications to:
Director’s Attachment Scheme
Australian Directors Guild
PO Box 211, Rozelle NSW 2039
For more information please contact the ADG on 1300 539 639 or visit www.adg.org.au