Rose Byrne, Matt Damon, Naomi Watts, director Gregor Jordan, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura, director Jeremy Podeswa, Elizabeth Debicki and LA-based casting director Carmen Cuba will be among the official judges for Australians in Film’s Heath Ledger Scholarship.
They join previoulsy announced judges casting directors Kirsty McGregor, Amanda Mitchell, Jason Wood, Barbara McCarthy and HLS patron Ann Fay
Byrne said: “Heath and I met as young 18 year old actors in Sydney on Two Hands . He supported me so much in LA with his lovely spirit, always giving me a place to stay, always getting me into rooms to audition. I’m delighted to be part of a scholarship that honours this generosity, by giving young actors an opportunity to begin and build their careers. I’m thrilled to be working with the HLS team to help keep his legacy alive, for this special 10 year anniversary.”
Established in 2008 in memory of Ledger, the scholarship, valued at $US30,000 is open to all young and emerging Australian actors 18-35 years old. To celebrate its 10th year, the scholarship has made a call out for actors from diverse and under-represented communities to apply.
Past winners include Mojean Aria, Ashleigh Cummings, Cody Fern, and Bella Heathcote.
All ten finalists will be flown to LA courtesy a three-day conference, with the winner announced September 20.
The deadline for entries has also been extended to June 21 6pm (PDT)/June 22 11am (AEST).
Apply here: https://heathledgerscholarship.fluidreview.com/
The 10th Anniversary Scholarship Prize will include:
- US$10,000 towards a living allowance, rent and transport assistance in Los Angeles, supported by Screenwise
- Two round-trip Qantas economy airfares from Australia to Los Angeles
- Group Acting classes and personal coaching from Lisa Robertson Studio
- Movement and Voice classes with Kennedy Brown
- Dialect coaching with Joy Ellison
- Group acting classes from Nancy Banks Studio
- Group acting classes and personal coaching from Jean-Louis Rodrigue and Kristof Konrad at Alexander Techworks
- Private acting classes from Gulu Monteiro
- Immigration services from Kate Raynor & Associates
- Reel editing by Top LA editor Darwin Serink
- Headshot Sessions from Sally Flegg Photography
- Hair and Makeup styling for headshot sessions by Sophia Lee
- Gym classes from Training Mate
- Dinner + Medallion from EP & LP
- Hair Styling by Hello Darling Salon
- Lifetime AiF membership, which includes access to the creative workspaces, Charlie’s at Raleigh Studios, including invitations to exclusive AiF Events such as The Australian Oscar and Emmy Nominees Reception
- General meeting introductions to Hollywood Casting Directors.
- Mentoring by leading actors working in Hollywood.