The Conference programme for SPAA 07 is now online and has details of keynote speakers, pitching opportunities and networking activities with a guaranteed access to industry executives. Early Bird discount registrations will close on 12 October. The annual Conference is being held from 13 to 16 November at the Sheraton Mirage Resort on Queensland’s Gold Coast.
Keynote Speakers confirmed to date are: Wayne Garvie, Director of Content & Production at BBC Worldwide and Rex Wong, CEO of Dave TV™, Bill Schultz, Co-CEO of Taffy Entertainment/Mike Young Productions, Scott Dyer, former mathematician and now Executive VP & General Manager of Corus Entertainment Inc, Dea Connick Perez, VP of Programming and Operations at Discovery Kids; and Sebastian Debertin, Head of Fiction, Acquisition & Co-Productions and Deputy Managing & Programming Director KI.KA.
Some of the programme highlights include:
– A comprehensive update on the outcomes of the Federal Review and its likely impact on the industry’s future.
– Focus on Asia Pacific with sessions and practical workshops on doing business with this important territory. The region will be celebrated on the opening night, 13 November, at the inaugural Asia Pacific Screen Awards.
– Nickelodeon Australia, the kid’s pay tv channel is offering up to $20,000 towards the production of an animation pilot. All registered delegates and the Conference are eligible to apply.
– 7 Big Ideas, a Seven Network initiative, will be selected to pitch their television concepts directly to Seven’s programming team. Seven is looking for ideas for their 7:30pm weeknight slots.
– The Comedy Channel is offering up to $25,000 towards the development of a new TV comedy concept. The winner will be announced on Friday, 16 November.
– Kids Day, which is devoted to all aspects of children’s programming, including a chance to hear what the kids themselves think of the shows on TV.