Principal photography commenced in South Australia last week on the six part series WASTELANDER PANDA: THE CHRONICLE OF ISAAC & ROSE.
The shoot will continue over the coming three weeks. The series, which is a co-production between Madman Production Company and Epic Films, is planned to premiere via ABC iview and festivals later in 2014.
The new project from the team behind WASTELANDER PANDA follows an earlier series of webisodes created by Epic Films in 2012, which have garnered the following festival and awards attention:
• LAWEBFEST 2014 – Award Winner – Directing, Writing and Concept (Sci-Fi Category)
• Australian Cinematographers Society Awards 2013 – Award Winner – 3x Gold
• South Australian Screen Awards 2014 – Nominee: Best Web Series, Best Production Design, Best Sound Design & Best Cinematography
• Vancouver WebFest 2014 – Official Selection
• SXSW 2013 – Panel Picker Selection
• Adelaide Film Festival 2013 – Little Miss Crossover Selection
• Burning Man Australia 2013 – Official Selection
• Wasteland Weekend Film Festival 2013 – Official Selection
Development and production partners include Screen Australia, The South Australia Film Corporation, Epic Films and Madman Production Company.
Producers: Kirsty Stark, Nick Batzias
Director: Victoria Cocks
Writers: Victoria Cocks, Mike Jones, Matt Vesely
Synopsis: Held responsible for the violent death of a young girl, Isaac is banished from the safety of the Tribe of Legion, along with his mother Hannah and brother Arcayus. Realising they cannot survive in the desperate and savage world of the Wasteland, a guilt-ridden Isaac seeks to reinstate the family to Legion – by seeking a replacement for the child whose life was lost.