- This event has passed.
Alliance Française French Film Festival
March 1 - April 26
The world’s largest French film festival outside of France returns to Australia, presenting Contemporary French cinema from March 1 to April 26. The upcoming cinematic showcase will celebrate the next generation of filmmakers creating a new blueprint for French cinema.
Set to delight Francophiles and cinephiles alike, the annual festival returns with a touring programme of 42 feature films.
The line-up of 2022 ambassadors includes director Phillip Noyce, actor David Wenham, screen and theatre director Shannon Murphy and filmmaker Samantha Lang. As ambassadors, their roles will consist of in-person and social video appearances throughout the programme, uncovering their personal experiences and the impact of French film on their career journeys.
Key dates to add to the diary for a dose of French culture include:
- Sydney: March 1 to April 6 (Encore screenings: April 7-10)
- Canberra: March 2 to April 6 (Encore screenings: April 7-10)
- Melbourne: March 3 to April 6 (Encore screenings: April 7-10)
- Perth: March 9 to April 6 (Encore screenings: April 7-10)
- Brisbane: March 16 to April 13 (Encore screenings: April 14-18)
- Adelaide: March 24 to April 24 (Encore screenings: April 25-26)
- Byron Bay: March 30 to April 14 (Encore screenings: April 15-16)
- Parramatta: April 7-10
- Hobart: March 9-20